Emmanuel Macron: "It is clear that Lukashenko must leave"

Reliable news from professional sources for events outside the USA
Forum rules
The rules to post are simple. Show your work. Post your proof. Cite verified, credible sources. Links to blogs and posting memes are not acceptable and will get you banned. Intelligent, educated, literate people always welcome.
AHE
Site Admin

Emmanuel Macron: "It is clear that Lukashenko must leave"

Unread post by AHE »

Macron has more integrity than the Russian asset POTUS.
"What is happening in Belarus is a crisis of power, an authoritarian power that cannot accept the logic of democracy and clings by force," Emmanuel Macron told the JDD. It is clear that Lukashenko must go.

I happened to speak to Vladimir Putin on 14 September, the day he was hosting Lukashenko in Sochi. I told him that Russia has a role to play, and that role can be positive if it pushes Lukashenko to respect the truth of the ballot box and to release political prisoners. It was a fortnight ago, we're not there.

I am impressed by the courage of the protesters," Emmanuel Macron said. They know the risks they take by marching every weekend and yet they are continuing the movement to bring democracy to life in a country that has been deprived of it for so long. Women in particular, who march every Saturday, command respect."
https://www.lejdd.fr/International/excl ... ir-3994467