FACEBOOK aided in election interference worldwide

Reliable news from professional sources for events outside the USA
Forum rules
The rules to post are simple. Show your work. Post your proof. Cite verified, credible sources. Links to blogs and posting memes are not acceptable and will get you banned. Intelligent, educated, literate people always welcome.
AHE
Site Admin

FACEBOOK aided in election interference worldwide

Unread post by AHE »

"The 6,600-word memo, written by former Facebook data scientist Sophie Zhang, is filled with concrete examples of heads of government and political parties in Azerbaijan and Honduras using fake accounts or misrepresenting themselves to sway public opinion. In countries including India, Ukraine, Spain, Brazil, Bolivia, and Ecuador, she found evidence of coordinated campaigns of varying sizes to boost or hinder political candidates or outcomes

In the three years I’ve spent at Facebook, I’ve found multiple blatant attempts by foreign national governments to abuse our platform on vast scales to mislead their own citizenry

Zhang said she turned down a $64,000 severance package from the company to avoid signing a nondisparagement agreement.

A former Facebook engineer who knew her told BuzzFeed News that Zhang was skilled at discovering fake account networks on the platform.

“She's the only person in this entire field at Facebook that I ever trusted to be earnest about this work," said the engineer"
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/cr ... lower-memo